Hardware / Electrical Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
$100k – $150k • 0.1% – 0.25%
About the job
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and coffee, we are building technology to make it easyand affordable for everyone to have a perfect cup of coffee where they live and work. And we want you tobe a part of it. We are backed by some of the world’s leading venture funds, as well as numerous industryleaders and veterans. If you are a relationship-driven self-starter who thrives in both strategic and tacticalwork and is excited to shape, build, and scale our organization (all the while drinking the best coffee), wewould love to chat with you!
What You'll Be Working On
The Hardware/Electrical Engineer is a key team member within our growing team. We are looking for anexperienced professional who will be responsible for analog and digital electrical system design for ourbrewing platform. The main priority for this role is to design, test, integrate and maintain existing and newPCB, PCBA, interconnects and electrical components for our brewing platform. The candidate should beready to use their seasoned experience in embedded systems circuit design and take inputs fromspecifications and existing hardware designs to define new electrical designs capable of supporting ourproduct growth plans into 2022. Ideally, you are a person interested in the coffee space, highly self-motivated, committed to learning and personal development, and a team player that thrives in a fast-pacedenvironment. You need not be afraid of failure, but rather be a growth minded individual, ready to learnfrom mistakes. Come with your ideas and be ready to listen to others too!
- Design, test and maintain all PCB/PCBA design(s) and associated Bill of Materials for products internal and external.
- Work cross functionally with Mechanical, Firmware, Software and product team members for requirement definition, system design, system bring-up, integration and testing.
- Help with product certification processes for UL and other applicable certifications.
- Develop PCBA test fixtures and work with manufacturing partners to set up test processes.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or a related technical field preferred
- Experience using Schematic Capture and PCB Design Software tools (preferred if it is Altium Designer)
- Exhibit good design practices for circuit design for the variants of DFx (DFT, DFM, DFA, DFC, etc.)
- Experience with Surface Mount Soldering and PCB/PCBA rework
- Hands-on experience in working with PCB/PCBA Manufacturing and supply-chain partners.
- Strong capability in understanding microcontroller and other ASIC technical reference material
- Knowledge of EMI, signal integrity, and power
- A strong aptitude for hardware debugging and performing root cause analysis.
- Comfortable with working on electromechanical devices such as motors, solenoids, valves, and flow meters.
- Experienced with working with a wide range of sensors including optical, temperature, pressure, and current.
- Extremely capable at using benchtop equipment including oscilloscopes, power supplies, multimeters and logic analyzers.
- Knowledge of defining specifications around electrical interconnects, harnesses and connector assemblies.
- Assist cross functionally for product debug and testing.
*Candidate will be expected to present example PCB/PCBA work and other electrical related work from their portfolio.
- Experience in C/C++ programming languages and ability to use a JTAG/SWD Debugger
- Experience in working with SOC, wireless modules, connected devices and wireless technologies.
- Experience in working with camera technologies.
- Experience working with compliance laboratories for regulatory certifications (UL/FCC/EMC etc.)
- Experience taking designs from initial developments to ramping up through high volume mass production.
BenefitsAt Brewbird, we put our people first. In addition to a competitive compensation package with meaningfulearly-stage equity, we provide our employees with flexible paid time off to relax and recharge. We also offera generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, 401k plan, flexible work environment, and a pre-taxcommuter account for mass transit or parking.
Brewbird is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate onthe basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteranstatus, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.