Senior Mechanical Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
0.2% – 0.5%
Brewbird is working at the intersection of hardware, software, and coffee. We are building technology to make it easy and affordable for everyone to have a perfect cup of coffee where they live and work. Brewbird is building out an e-commerce business and the branding and roaster partnerships for promoting our whole bean coffee pods is key to our success. We are backed by some of the world’s leading venture funds, as well as numerous industry leaders and veterans. If you are excited to work at the ground level and get deeply involved in all facets of engineering (all the while drinking the best coffee), we would love to chat with you! What You'll Be Working OnBrewbird is seeking a versatile and motivated mechanical engineer to join our rapidly growing team to help us fundamentally change how people access coffee. In this role, you will be collaborating closely with our industrial design group to evolve the design aesthetic and user experience for the brewer. This will involve conceptualizing mechanical designs and strategically balancing theory, schedule, and cost to ensure project success. You will perform engineering analysis of parts and assemblies that can include: stress, fatigue, lifetime, manufacturability, failure modes, and cost. Ultimately, the goal is to bring the Brewbird product to life in a contract manufacturing setting, focusing on critical aspects of design for manufacturing and optimizing assemblies.
- BS/MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree
- 5+ years’ experience taking mechanical designs successfully from concept to validation and deployment
- Proficiency in with Solidworks or similar CAD software
- Practical working experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience working with suppliers, vendors and CMs
- Knowledge of rapid prototyping, design-for-manufacture, design-for-test, and design-of-experiments
- Strong presentation and communication skills for driving critical design decisions
- Ability to travel up to 20%
BenefitsAt Brewbird, we put our people first. In addition to a competitive compensation package with meaningful early stage equity, we provide our employees with flexible paid time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, 401k plan, flexible work environment, and a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking. Brewbird is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.