Mechanical Engineer - Freelance
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position: Mechanical Engineer
Specialization: Hydraulic/telescopic boom design
Ciel builds premium skyscrapers with robots. Our construction technology allows us to build faster and cheaper. We are currently focused on high-end custom detached single-family residences with the aim for repeatability and for use in high rise structures. Our mission is to build high-rises with robots, which will become the most advanced technology containing residential buildings EVER. We are a relentlessly resourceful team with high standards revolutionizing the construction industry.
We are building high-end 2-story single family homes in Canada and US and looking for a Mechanical Engineer to work with our Engineering team on designing the next cutting edge technology - Builder Robots to put up our houses. The goal is to finish the mechanical design of the Builder Robot in 6 months.
You will be working on Telescopic boom, Mechanical runners, Gantry and Trolley design.
The person who is right for this role is someone who:
- Has 4+ years of experience in boom design and hydraulics
- Is familiar with manufacturing, QC and mechanical engineering
- Is highly proficient in 3D modeling (Preferably Fusion 360)
- Has experience with Mechanisms with multiple moving parts
- Has Hydraulic cylinder design and implementation experience
- Is familiar with Telescopic boom design
- Is able to manage multiple projects at one time
- Is able to design in hydraulics and telescopic booms
- Relentlessly resourceful - no problem is unsolvable
- Is able to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail
Experience with actuators (servo motors, linear actuators, geared motors) and experience with plastic injection design will be an awesome advantage!
At Ciel, we are masters of our craft with high standards and invest in the lifelong journey of learning and growing, individually and as a team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.