Freelance FPGA Engineer
Pensar is seeking an FPGA Engineer with 5+ years of experience to augment our team. We are looking for someone who can handle fast-paced project work and excels at translating Client and user inputs into functional FPGA designs. You will work closely with a multi-disciplinary project team on cutting-edge product design.
As an FPGA Engineer you will work directly with hardware, software, and test engineers in a fast-moving and close-knit team.
Responsibilities include complex and/or difficult assignments and projects. The successful applicant must possess a working knowledge of various aspects of hardware design, such as FPGA design, schematics design, PCB design, and associated test processes. This position may provide technical assistance to other engineers or a small work group.
- Generate FPGA code
- Architect, design, implement, modify, verify, and evaluate FPGA designs
- Synthesize FPGA designs, perform static timing analysis, and resolve timing failures
- Develop simulation test benches and perform functional verification
- Perform system integration and PCB level testing
- Translate product requirements into design
- Create and follow design and test documentation
- Provide reliable development time estimates
- Develop and test designs at the module, device, and system level
- Resolve design defects and issues
- Freelance - Consulting experience
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Strong programming and design skills using VHDL or Verilog
- Strong verification skills using VHDL or Verilog
- Experience using Xilinx and or Altera FPGAs
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Considerable knowledge of high-speed digital logic circuit design including use of large FPGAs and high-speed bus design
- Considerable knowledge of VHDL or Verilog synthesis, simulation, test-benches and TCL scripts
- Experience with System-Verilog and UVM
- Knowledge of analog circuit design
- Experience with medical regulations for product design
- Skilled in use of lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Experience with word processing and spreadsheet software sufficient to perform and report on the duties required of this level
Your application has been successfully submitted.