Freelance Electrical Engineer
Pensar is seeking a Freelance Electrical Engineer with consulting experience to augment our team. We are looking for someone who can handle fast-paced project work, and excels at translating Client and user inputs into functional and manufacturable designs. You will work closely with a multi-disciplinary project team on cutting-edge product design.
As a Freelance Electrical Engineer, you will have the opportunity to contribute throughout the entire product development process, including: project inception, concept ideation and refinement, detailed design, pre-production, manufacturing release, and sustaining. You will apply sound engineering principles to the development and documentation of FPGA- and microprocessor-based platforms and subsystems that make up various consumer, medical device, and professional products. Designs may include audio/video interfaces, digital communication interfaces, wireless, analog sensors and signal conditioning, and power supply circuits.
Pensar is a highly collaborative product development firm where our designers and engineers create innovative products for our clients. At Pensar we are passionate about design and engineering, solving tough problems, thrilling our Clients, and having fun while doing it. We bring leading-edge product development to a wide range of Clients through our world-class team, and we're looking for a Freelance Electrical Engineer to join us!
Required Technical Skills
- Freelance consulting experience is required
- Experience across all or part of the development cycle for complex products in the consumer electronics, medical device, aerospace, industrial or similar industries
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- A solid understanding of core engineering principles, fundamental circuit and schematic design (analog and digital), simulation, test and measurement equipment operation, and analytical techniques is required
- Experience with system level architecture and part selection
- Circuit board design experience, including schematic capture and layout management using tools such as Cadence, OrCAD, Allegro, Altium
- Hands-on experience with board bring-up and lab debugging
Additional Preferred Experience
- Experience with high-volume consumer products from specification to production, design for manufacturability and cost
- Experience in developing products within regulated environments such as aerospace, automotive, medical
- Background in consulting or comfortable working in a role with internal and external clients, where teams and roles may change from one project to another
- High speed digital design
- Analog circuit design and simulation
- Experience with design for test and manufacturing
- Design verification methods and experience
Typical Professional Duties
- Client Management – Assist Pensar project leadership in effectively communicating with Clients. Synthesize and distill complex information into summaries and trade-offs to enable Clients to make better decisions for their business.
- Technical Expertise – Utilize your engineering experience and deep understanding of the product development process to assess and correctly identify critical design decisions, options, trade-offs, and risks. Advocate reasonable solutions to the team and Clients balancing cost, schedule, and design quality.
- ·Risk Management – Develop and master advanced risk management skills, including how to establish acceptable risk criteria, when to escalate issues, and how to communicate risk positions to Clients.
- Time Management – Effectively manage your time to accomplish goals despite multiple activities/projects and competing interests. Maintain schedules and ongoing project requirements and specifications through interaction with Pensar personnel and Clients. Keep Pensar project leadership updated with status and forecast.
- Fundamentals – Effort estimation and scoping, requirements determination, cross-discipline collaboration, configuration management, issue tracking, risk analysis, root cause analysis, test definition and implementation, mitigation plans, technical documentation, design reviews, presentations, and deliverable releases
Your application has been successfully submitted.