Freelance ID+UX Designer
Pensar is seeking a Lead ID+UX designer with 7+ years of consulting experience to augment our team. We are looking for someone who can handle fast-paced project work, excels at translating Client and user inputs into intuitive, meaningful, and beautiful designs that push boundaries. We work very closely with our Engineers to form a cohesive multi-disciplinary team, so communication skills are key (verbal, written, and sketch). Our projects range from future-forward technologies in the consumer electronics space, complex medical systems to precise industrial equipment. Problem solving and an open collaborative mind-set are key, as we are often hired to solve very challenging design problems. Our ideal candidate has a combination of ID, UI/UX experience and a strong graphic sense.
Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of experience (consulting experience required)
- Ability to identify strategic opportunities where design can make a difference
- SolidWorks or Pro-E/Creo modeling (complex surfaces)
- KeyShot or V-Ray rendering and animation
- Adobe suite
- UI/UX experience (flexible on toolsets)
- Great graphics skills
- Great communication skills – verbally, sketching, and presentation
- Ability to forecast design trends and apply modern aesthetics and design sense
- Familiarity with engineering/manufacturing processes
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work through short and long-term projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with PowerPoint for multi-disciplinary collaboration
- Ability to work from home and collaborate remotely during COVID-based restrictions, meetings will be scheduled in PST time zone.
- Team Oriented/Collaborative - no egos allowed
- Driven to take on large responsibilities and deliver quality work independently
- Loves problem solving with both design and engineering disciplines
- Has a good sense of humor
*Pensar is not accepting Candidates from 3rd Party Staffing Agencies
Your application has been successfully submitted.