Technical Product Manager (IoT)
Windmill is building out a connected platform of beautiful, eco-friendly air products, starting with the window air conditioner. We’re a down-to-earth, nimble, and hard working team who is passionate about doing something new in a very old, antiquated space. Windmill is venture-backed and growing fast - come join us!
- Own and manage the Company’s entire end-to-end IoT infrastructure, including but not limited to: hardware, firmware, backend platform, user applications, APIs, portals, etc.
- Actively oversee and project manage the Company’s IoT platform partners and developers
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverable planning, and design of the technical aspects of the Company’s ‘connected home’ product suite, channeling that into concrete, valuable product experiences and platform technologies, as well as day-to-day execution plans
- Work with and communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively to the Company’s co-founders
- Take initiative in moving project plans forward, identifying potential problems before they manifest and turning them into opportunities whenever possible.
- Obsess over the user experience and proactively identify ways to improve how our products work to delight the customer
- Learn and understand an array of technical constraints, regulatory guidelines, and business rules; and translate these into experience requirements for external engineers and designers
- Support testing of the Company’s IoT systems and components to ensure the highest levels of quality, reliability, and scalability
- Use judgement to determine when it makes sense to bring IoT development in-house
- Establish technical excellence standards across all aspects you touch
- Help out with and project manage technical and customer experience facets of the Company’s e-commerce website, if needed
- Perform other similar duties and tasks as needed
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset with 5+ years of technical product management experience or similar at a high-growth, connected hardware company
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience; experience in IoT (Internet of Things) preferred
- Ability to manage external development partners
- Excellent product judgment and organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize competing items, balance stakeholder needs, manage external partners, and drive execution and success
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively to technical and non-technical stakeholders, executives, and development teams
- Successful track record of owning a complex area of a business, defining a product vision and strategy, and consistently delivering on objectives and key results
- Strong storytelling skills with the ability to articulate a clear vision that balances principled decision making, user empathy, and data analysis.
- Aptitude to create and manage user stories and acceptance criteria in a connected product backlog.
- Passion for breaking down complex problems into simple solutions and making data-informed decisions.
- Ability to take initiative and move projects forward with little hand-holding
- Proven ability to learn fast, with demonstrated ability to be resourceful and innovative
- Outstanding collaboration skills.
- Experience product managing APIs built using REST
- Passion for startups, business-building, and an eco-conscious mission!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Take care of your air